María Palomares Tarí
THE SPANISH LANGUAGE: 10 FAST FACTS ABOUT ITS WORLDWIDE INFLUENCE
Updated: Oct 27, 2020
Spanish is a language that’s on the rise, and not just because it is the second most spoken language in the world in terms of native speakers.
Spanish has become the third most used language on the Internet and, on top of that, it is set to become one of the key languages to reach success in business; Spanish translation motives today nothing less than nearly a billion customers.
But what is it about the « language of Cervantes » that makes it so appealing? Why is it that Spanish sweeps the language trends?
1. There are 21 Spanish-speaking countries in the world.
2. Spanish is spoken today by over 577 million people as a native tongue, second language and foreign language, meaning 7.6% of the world population can communicate in Spanish. How amazing is that?
3. The Spanish language is becoming an actual game changer for the business world. According to the Cervantes Institute, using Spanish multiplies bilateral exports between Spanish-speaking countries by four.
4. Hispanic people are the largest minority in the United States… 41 million US residents speak Spanish at home!
5. There are lots of Spanish dialects out there! Some regional varieties are quite divergent from one another – especially in pronunciation and vocabulary – although they adhere to approximately the same written standard.
6. Every Spanish-speaking country’s individual culture, politics and traditions also differ from one another as they have developed differently. The diversity is huge!
7. Spanish is the highest language in demand for translators – after all, there are more Spanish-speaking countries in the world than any other language!
8. The beauty of the Spanish language engages over 22 million Spanish students worldwide! It is progressively becoming the first foreign language in countries like the United Kingdom, Brazil and the United States.
9. Spanish is the second most used language on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedln.
10. And last but not least, Spanish is considered by many one of the most romantic and sexiest languages in the world. Everything makes sense, right?
#SpanishLanguage #SpanishTranslation #YOKOTranslate